IATF 16949:2016 is the global technical specification and quality management standard for the automotive industry. Based on ISO 9001:2015, it was published in October 2016 and replaces ISO/TS 16949. It is designed to be used in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015 and contains supplemental requirements specific to the automotive industry rather than being a standalone QMS. It specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a QMS for any organization, in the automotive industry regardless of size. It brings together standards from across Europe and the US.
Everything you need to know about the IATF 16949:2016 Automotive Quality Management System
- Product safety related requirements and considerations are added throughout the standard.
- Corporate responsibility policies such ás ’whistle blowing’ are now required
- Risk analysis considerations are expanded beyond ISO 9001 requirements throughout the standard
- Various authorization and other requirements added related to control of nonconforming product and concessions or use of reworked or repaired product
- Multiple requirements added throughout the standard related to managing products with embedded software
- Manufacturing feasibility requirements are enhanced to include capacity planning and the analysis is now required for any changes to processes or product designs
- Additional requirements related to an organizations supplier selection process
- Internal Auditor and Second Part Auditor competencies are more clearly defined and expanded now
- Requirement added for a second-party audit process ás part of the supplier management approach
- Statutory and regulatory conformance evidence requirement added for all materials/components for country of manufacture and destination
- Significant expansion of the requirements related to identification and traceability or products
- Requirements added for ’Temporary change of process control’ to define and approve. in advance, alternative process controls
- Enhanced expectations related to Total Productive Maintenance
- Contingency planning requirements have been expanded
- Internal audit frequency and process coverage requirements have been modified
- Several additional inputs to be considered during management reviews
- Added requirement to have a documented process pertaining to application of error-proofing methodologies
- Requirement to have a Warranty Management process if expected by the customers
The changes to the New IATF 16949:2016 standard implementation in your organization / quality management system will require training to processes staff etc, if you need the full Requirements of the IATF 16949:2016 standard implementation, Gap analysis, Transition from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to New IATF 16949:2016 standard, key points to bear mind in your system, process etc during Auditing process to achieve certification in your organization at an affordable cost, please contact us / call our mobile number and/or send us an email.