1) Pareto analysis:
- Meaning of Pareto analysis
- Usefulness of Pareto analysis
- Graphical representation of Pareto chart.
2) Measurement system analysis MSA studies
- Meaning of MSA studies
- Purpose of MSA studies
- Characterization of MSA studies:
- Location (Average measurement value VS Actual value)
- Variation (Spread of measurement values precision)
- Measurement system analysis procedures
- Stability assessment
- Bias Assessment
- Repeatability and Reproducibility Assessment (Gage R&R method).
- Graphical representation of Repeatability Assessment (Gage R&R method)
3) Matrix techniques: meaning of matrix techniques, uses of matrix techniques as a quality tools.
4) Pre-control techniques: meaning of pre-control techniques, uses of pre control techniques as a qualtiy tools.
5) Benchmarking principles
- Meaning of benchmarking principles
- Why benchmarking?
- Types of benchmarking
- Hints on how to conduct critical steps in benchmarking process.
- Essential steps to successful benchmarking principles in automotive industries.
6) PDCA Cycle
- Meaning of PDCA cycle, what is it?
- When to use PDCA cycle, How to use it?
- Graphical representation of PDCA cycle
- PDCA cycle: explanations.
7) Cause and effect diagram
- Meaning of Cause and effect diagram
- When to use Cause and effect diagram, How to use it?
- Graphical representation of Cause and effect diagram.
8) Control Charts
- Meaning of control charts
- When to use X-bar and R Control charts
- How do control chart help to avoid defects
- Brief history of control charts
- Cause of variation: a. Common causes of variation
- Special causes of variation.
- Statistical Process Control –SPC- test rules. Graphical representation of the test rules.