MODULES FOR ADVANCED PRODUCT QUALITY PLANNING (APQP)
Product Quality Planning (APQP) is a quality framework used for developing new products in the automotive industry.It can be applied to any industry and is similar in many respects to the concept of design for six sigma DFSS .The APQP process is described in AIAG manual 810-358-3003.it purpose is to produce a product quality plan which will support development of a product or service that will satisfy the customer.it does this by focusing on:
- Up-front quality planning
- Evaluating the output to determine if customers are satisfied & support continual improvement.
APQP process involves these major elements:
- Understand customer needs.This is done using voice of the customer techniques to determine customer needs and using quality function deployment to organize those needs and translate them into product characteristics / requirements.
- Proactive Feedback & Corrective Action.The advance quality planning process provides feedback from other similar projects with the objective of developing conter-measures on the current project.Other mechanisms with verification and validation,designs,analysis of customer feedback and warranty data also satisfy this objective etc
Meaning of Advanced product quality planning APQP
Purpose of Advanced product quality planning APQP
Complete APQP charts illustration.
Four phases of APQP charts analyzed and explain in details with correspondence checkpoint and descriptions
- Phase one:Planning
- Phase two :Product design & development
- Phase three:Process design & development
- Phase four : Product & Process validation
- Mass production.
Five steps in APQP process analyzed and explain in details with correspondence checkpoint and descriptions.
- Planning and define programs
- Product design & development verification
- Process design & development verification
- Product & Process validation
- Feedback Assessment and Corrective action
Guide to APQP chart monitoring for Component parts
Explanation in details the corresponding checklist of the below phases:
- Planning phase
- Product Creation
- Process Creation
- Validation phase
- Corrective Action.
Comprehensive APQP timing charts Guidelines to use in Automotive industries- and to fulfil customer requirements
APQP checklists outline to fulfil customer requirements
Mandatory elements in APQP process during product release.