MODULES FOR TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM)
What is Total Quality Management?.
Total Quality management is an integrative management philosophy for the continuous improvement of product and process quality.
T : Total :Quality management involves everyone and all tasks and activities of a company.
Q: Quality: Degree to which the product fulfils customer requirements or was produced correctly.
M: Management : Quality must be managed by planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
What is Quality?.
- A predictable degree of uniformity and dependability at low cost and suited to the market – Deming
- Fitness for use – Juran
- Conformance to requirements – Crosby
- Integrating production and services systems for delivery to customer expectations at the most economical levels – Feigenbaum
- Quality is a virtue of design – Taguchi
- Why is Quality Important?.
- The Evolution of Quality Management.
- The Key Elements of TQM.
- Summary: Developing TQM.
- THE ROLE OF MANAGEMENT IN TQM:
- The Need for Senior Managers to Get Involved in TQM.
- What Senior Managers Need to Know about TQM.
- What Senior Managers Need to Do about TQM.
- The Role of Middle Managers.
- The Role of First Line Managers.
- THE RECEIVED WISDOM ON TQM:
- Deming, Feigenbaum ,Juran e.t.c
Are the Approaches of these Gurus Different?
- Ishikawa,Shingo,Taguchi e.t.c
- Japanese Style Total Quality.
- THE INTRODUCTION OF TQM:
- Change and Continuous Improvement.
- Forces for Change.
- How Do Companies Get Started?.
- Approaches to TQM.
- A FRAMEWORK FOR THE INTRODUCTION OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TQM:
- Systems and Techniques.
- Measurement and Feedback.
- Changing the Culture.
- Use of the Framework.
- LEVELS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TQM
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
7. SUSTAINING TQM:
TQM Sustaining Audit Tool: Development and Methodology.
- Category 1 Internal/External Environment.
- Category 2 Management Style.
- Category 3
- Category 4 Organization Structure.
- Category 5 Process of Change.
PART TWO : THE BUSINESS CONTEXT OF TQM:
- Definitions: Policy Deployment.
- What is Policy Deployment?.
- What Policy Deployment is Not.
- The Policy Deployment Process.
- A Check Reflect Improve Scrutinize Pass (CRISP) Approach to Policy Deployment.