Automotive Core Quality tools and Quality documentation.
Automotive Quality Core Tools are the building blocks of an effective quality management system. They include Advanced Product Quality Planning & Control Plan (APQP), Product Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Statistical Process Control (SPC). The tools proved so useful that they were adopted by other manufacturing sectors, including aerospace, defence, medical, and pharmaceuticals.
1) Process FMEA documentation
- Meaning of PFMEA documentation
- Graphical representation and explanation of key features of Process FMEA documentation.
- HINTS: in calculating RPN in PFMEA documentation.
- Analyzing the PFMEA documentation
- An example of Rating definitions of PFMEA documentation
- Steps 1-9 in graphical representation and explanation of Process FMEA documentation
- PFMEA recommendations and Guidelines
- Summary steps to complete a PFMEA documentation
2) Quality Control Plan documentation
- Meaning of Quality Control Plan documentation
- Graphical representation and explanation of key features of Quality Control Plan documentation.
- Audits plan – in Quality Control Plan
- Summary steps in a graphical chart of completing quality control plan documentation.
3) Process Flow Chart documentation
- Meaning of Process flow chart
- The objective of the Process flow chart
- When to use a Process flow chart
- Examples of graphical representation of Process flow chart
- Process steps of drawing or completing a Process flow chart
4) Measurement System Analysis: MSA studies
- Meaning of MSA studies
- Purpose of MSA studies
- Characterization of MSA studies
- Location (Average measurement value Vs Actual value)
- Variation (Spread of measurement value – precision
- Measurement System Analysis procedures
- Stability assessment
- Bias assessment
- Repeatability and Reproducibility Assessment (Gage R&R method)
- Graphical representation of Repeatability and Reproducibility Assessment (Gage R&R method)
5) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Meaning of PPAP: what is PPAP?
- When is PPAP required?
- What are the official PPAP requirements?
- Mandatory customer PPAP’S requirements i.e. Level 3.
- PPAP Submission Levels 1-5
- What are PPAP status i.e.” Approved”, „Interim approval” and Rejected approval of PPAP requirements?
- Components of Electronic Submission of PPAP requirements.
6) Control Charts and Statistical Process Control(SPC)
- Meaning of control charts
- When to use X-bar and R Control charts
- How does the control chart help to avoid defects
- A brief history of control charts
- Cause of variation: a. Common causes of variation
- Special causes of variation.
- Statistical Process Control –SPC- test rules. Graphical representation of the test rules.
Clients benefits: The training module will secure the clients to have the following benefits:
- Greater productivity is enhanced
- Smoother operations are ascertained
- Greater flexibility and responsiveness
- Eliminates defects (in-house and at the customer side)
- Reduce customer complaints like 8D
- Improve product quality
- Improve supplier quality
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Reduce returns of product
- Increase customer approval process and release of a production line within timeframe schedule
Who are the benefactors of these training modules or the target groups:
- Plant Managers
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Production leaders
- Process engineers
- Quality Supervisors
- Quality Specialist
- and others categories who are interested in leaning: Statistical Process Control SPC philosophy, Advanced Product Quality Planning APQP, Production Part Approval Process PPAP for production lines release, leaning or engage in Measurement System Analysis MSA studies and carry out process documentation in their production plant effectively etc
The training modules acquire from Hermon Quality Solutions HQS services will help you to get your career professionals smoothly and efficiently. Why not give it a try and see the difference.
Let’s get in touch!!!