6. MODULES FOR STATISTICAL PROCESS CAPABILITY, STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL AND CONTROL CHART IN GENERAL
Process capability refers to the capability of a process to consistently make a product that meets a customer-specified specification tolerance. Capability indices are used to predict the performance of a process by comparing the width of process variation to the width of the specified tolerance. It is used extensively in many industries and only has meaning if the process being studied is stable (in statistical control). Capability indices allow calculations for both short term (Cp and Cpk) and/or long-term (Pp and Ppk) performance for a process whose output is measured using variable data at a specific opportunity for a defect.
Control Chart principles
- Composition of control chart
- Western Electric Rules (WECO)
Types of control charts:
- Attribute control chart:
- Variable control chart
- X and S control chart
- Standard error based X chart
- Mean range based X control chart
- Moving range
- A statistical Process Capability study
- Why / When to use process capability study?
- Meaning of within variation Vs Overall variation
- Graphical representation of process variation
- Process capability Matrix
- Capability Matrix: Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk, Cm, Cmk, Cg, Cgk.
- One-sided capability Matrix
- Acceptance criteria for capability Matrix
- Steps to follow when conducting process capability study
- Capability study analyzes with Minitab software explanations
- Assessment of capability study after conducting the test rule– Using Minitab software.
- Statistical Process Control – SPC in general.
- Meaning of SPC philosophy, application of SPC principles and its originator.
- Control chart – meaning focus on variation
- How does the control chart help to avoid defects?
- A brief history of control chart
- Cause of variation: a. common cause of variation b. special cause of variation
- Statistical Process Control – SPC – test rules, graphical representation.
Steps in constructing an Average and Range chart (X bar and R)
- Select the process characteristics
- Establish the sampling plan and rational subgroup size
- Gather data/ enter into Minitab software
- Establish the overall mean and control limit
- Calculation of control limits of each of control chart
- Types of control chart
- Attribute and variable control chart in general
- Mean range base X control chart
- Other control charts that might be applicable in a practical sense:
- Standard error based X chart
- Moving range e.t.c.
Clients benefits: The training module will secure the clients to have the following benefits:
- Greater productivity is enhanced
- Smoother operations are ascertained
- Greater flexibility and responsiveness
- Eliminates defects (in-house and at the customer side)
- Reduce customer complaints like 8D
- Improve product quality
- Improve supplier quality
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Reduce returns of product
Who are the benefactors of these training modules or the target groups:
- Plant Managers
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Production leaders
- Process engineers
- Quality Supervisors
- Quality Specialist
- and other categories who are interested in leaning: Statistical Process Control SPC methodology, Statistical Process Capability methodology, Control charts: Average and Range charts (X bar and R) respectively etc
The training modules acquire from Hermon Quality Solutions HQS services will help you to get your career professionals smoothly and efficiently. Why not give it a try and see the difference.
Let’s get in touch!!!