Statistical Process Control (SPC) is a method of measuring and controlling quality by monitoring the manufacturing process. Quality data is collected in the form of product or process measurements or readings from various machines or instruments. The data is collected and used to evaluate, monitor and control a process. SPC is the application of statistical methods to monitor and control the quality of production process. SPC can be applied to any process where the ”comforming product” i.e product meeting specifications output can be measured.measured. Key tools used in SPC include run charts, control charts, a focus on continuous improvement, and the design of experiments.
Hermon Quality Solutions Service will center broadly on:
- Introduction to Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Within variation vs. overall variation
- Estimates of process variations (chart)
- Estimate of sigma
- Estimates of process variation
- Process capability metrics: Pp, Ppk, Cp, Cpk
- One-sided capability metrics
- What Pp looks like on chart
- Ppk a better measure of quality.
- Examining the process with Ppk = 1.67
- Worse-case performances
- Capability metrics and acceptance criteria
- Stability vs. Capability: A Mutually Exclusive Model
- Non-normal distribution model
- Process capability study: steps to follow
- Capability analysis using Minitab software
- Assessing the capability results
- Control chart: Introduction
- Need for process control
- Control charts for avoiding defects
- A brief history of control charts (S)
- importance of normality
- Causes of variation
- Types of variation: common and special causes
- Elements of the control chart
- Steps in constructing an average and range chart (X bar and R)
- Calculating control limits
- Hands-on exercise
- Final Thought
Your needs and some of the service contents will be described in detail:
- Application of detailed statistical process control (SPC) in an efficient way
- Application of the Statistical Process Control (SPC) mindset to achieve customer satisfaction in production
- Satisfy the requirements of customers and auditors on the Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology in the organizational system, etc.
- Know the main Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools in the automotive industry.
- Benefits of Statistical Process Control (SPC) principles in the organization
- When to use Statistical Process Control (SPC) in the organization
- Why use Statistical Process Control (SPC) for improvements, waste reduction, and time losses in production?
- How to manage Statistical Process Control (SPC) in production
- The roles and responsibilities of Statistical Process Control (SPC) implementation in the organization, etc.
- How Statistical Process Control (SPC) can be sustainable in an organization, etc.
- Customer and internal quality engineers
- Production Managers
- Production leaders
- Line leaders
- Line Operators
- Lines Managers
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Auditors and line quality inspectors
- Outgoing and incoming quality inspectors
- Logistics and Warehouse
- Quality of Purchased Components (SQA), etc.
We just love to support those who are seeking help and advice about their business problems. If you have one, why not share it with us?
Let’s get in touch!