As more and more business firms are experiencing TQM approach into their system, we shall mention six several points which alter the character of the business firm during Total Quality Management (TQM) implementation to better meet customers needs and exceed their expectation positively. Here are some learnings in this article regarding some collections & compilations of ways companies have started the TQM process from the grassroots level and succeeded in it at the finish stage point.
Characteristics engage companies that have succeeded in implementing Total Quality Management (TQM) in their system are listed below:
- The leader starts with a mental picture of how the company should be in the future and sees Total Quality Management (TQM) implementation as a means of getting them there (the leader has a picture of long term view), the top management holds a consistent picture throughout the programmes, the leader is sincere, credible, commitment, listening and consistent in their leadership styles and deeds e.t.c.
- Analysis of the product & process is done often & often and becomes a natural part of decision making. This analysis relates to customer needs and expectations and is made visible for every employee’s attention.
- The problem-solving methodology is done effectively and involves every employee opinions & views e.g brainstorming techniques. The emphasis is on important problems that cut across department lines and also have a negative impact on customer requirements. (the principle of Kaizen was highly embraced in the system)
- Learning new ways of operating is done often & often through active hands-on experiment, the pilot project often provides the perfect opportunity e.t.c for improvements.
- As the learning new ways of the operating system progress, the leader and the top team management continue to emphasize and clarify the vision & objectives through deeds, not by a mere written statement that has no much impact to the organization vision & objectives.
- At the right time, education training courses, seminars are used to supplement pilot activities and to reinforce the vision being verified by the top management, rather than generic programs which have no much impact on the employee’s skills & competency. The training courses, seminars & workshops introduced are tailored to the particular needs of employees of the company.
You can see more of our quality management training materials that will add more to your professional experience in the below link: https://www.hermonqualitysolutions.com/training-modules-2/